Have you ever had a bad mood because your skin doesn’t look or feel right? Let’s face it – most of us have gone through times when a pimple suddenly pops up, blemishes appear or we get to see puffiness around the eyes. Facing these skin woes makes us feel something is not right. What’s more frustrating is when we are unable to treat them.
However, no matter what skin problems occur with time, the best we can do on our part is to take care of our skin. In this article, we have come up with an apt skincare regime for different types of skin types. Make sure you follow one according to your type:
Dry skin is characterized by scaly and itchy skin. The skin has less elasticity, invisible pores, and more visible lines. Dry skin contributes to a dull and rough complexion. This type of skin results from several factors, including low sebum production, genetic predispositions, hormonal changes, and weather.
Skin Care Regime for Dry Skin
- Cleansing: Cleanse with a gentle face wash. Use a chemical-free cleanser to wash your face.
- Toning: Use a toner containing soothing and hydrating ingredients such as vitamin E, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid. Use a toner after washing your face in the morning and at night before going to bed.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing is extremely crucial for dry skin to compensate for the lost moisture. Make sure to keep your skin moisturized now and then.
- Sunscreen: Wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 and over to protect your skin from harmful UV radiation.
- Anti-aging cream: Massage your face with a good anti-aging cream like revitol anti-aging cream every night. Complement it with an eye cream.
Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
- Weekly scrub your face and apply a good hydrating mask.
- Take shorter baths and showers.
- Use a humidifier at your place.
If you have oily skin, you tend to have enlarged pores, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and shiny complexion. This skin results from excessive sebum production, stress, hormonal imbalances, and humidity.
Skin Care Regime for Oily Skin
- Cleansing: Cleanse with a good, chemical-free cleanser.
- Scrubbing: Use a homemade scrub made from sugar, coffee, to exfoliate your face every day.
- Toning: Use a toner with cucumber extracts. You can also use rose water toner.
- Moisturizing: Apply a light, water-based moisturizer. A cream with aloe vera water and hyaluronic acid is the best to opt for.
- Sunscreen: Wear a less greasy sunscreen. You can also apply face powder over the sunscreen.
- Night cream: Massage your face with a good night cream every day before going to bed.
Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin
- Cut down on dairy products. Go for alternatives like plant-based milk and vegan cheese.
- Ditch salt and sugar from your diet.
- Avoid cosmetics with heavy fragrances.
A combination of dry and oily skin, this skin has an oily T-zone and dry cheeks and other facial areas. Large appearance of pores, shiny skin, and blackheads are some problems of a combinational skin.
Skin Care Regime for Combinational Skin
- Cleansing: Cleanse your face 2 to 3 times a day with a good, chemical-free face wash.
- Scrubbing: Exfoliate gently every alternate day. Make sure to exfoliate the forehead and nose religiously than cheeks.
- Toning: Use a natural toner free from chemicals.
- Moisturizing: Apply a heavy moisturizer on cheeks and a light one on the T-zone.
- Sunscreen: Wear a less sticky sunscreen. Apply face powder on the T-zone once you have applied the sunscreen.
- Night Cream & Eye Cream: Apply a night cream and under-eye cream every night.
Skin Care Tips for Combinational Skin
- Consume flaxseed and walnuts.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
Taking care of skin is not difficult when you know what it needs. Discover your skin type and follower the respective skincare regime to keep skin problems at bay!
This article was written by Terry carrico Freelance Blogger.